The wait is over! We are so excited to announce our 6 finalists that have made it through to the final of Pitch it! taking place at ISLEXPO later this month.
Thank you to everyone that submitted a one minute video of their business idea. We were really pleased with the wide range of entries that we had - the judges had a tough job to do! Due to the high standard we shortlisted ten semi-finalists who were invited to attend a 'perfecting your pitch' masterclass with ex newsreader and communications specialist Sian Jones.
Following the session the semi-finalists were invited back for a 5 minute pitch session, it was wonderful to see feedback from Sian being put into practice and we are delighted to announce our final 6!
- Flux- Flux is an innovative, ideas-based group of young people who want to revolutionise wireless charging, making cutting-edge technology.
- Kate Radcliffe - HIRE is an acronym of Holistic Innovative Recruitment Events. Hosting bespoke recruitment events for companies, increasing candidate attraction and boosting the brand.
- Bottle Monkey – Brewery & Tap Room. A vibrant community hub for events with a focus on producing and serving quality craft beer.
- Traderight - A platform to assist consumers looking to Hire a service. We ensure you get the standard of service and quality you deserve.
- Sutura Therapeutics – A platform technology to deliver gene medicines applicable for whole human health; pipelines include cardiomyopathies, neurodegeneration, cancer, metabolic and fibrotic diseases.
- Motus – Bringing sustainability to drinking water using paper cartons rather than plastic bottles.
All the preparation will come down to who brings their ‘A’ game on the big day. On Wednesday 16 May in the Garden Hub Tipis, finalists will pitch their ideas to a panel of investors and entrepreneurs and an audience of fellow delegates. Live in-event polling by the audience and panel will determine the winner.
As well as massive kudos and bragging rights, the winning entrepreneur will receive a business mentorship from Bridge Angel Network, a £1,000 cash prize and 2 months free membership to the Eagle Labs co-working space from Barclays.